One of the first steps to do when shopping around for a car is to first check its VIN or ‘Vehicle Identification Number’. VINs are 17 character codes that act as a unique identifier for a vehicle (like a fingerprint). VINs are assigned to cars by the government for security purposes, some of which includes locating stolen cars and are used to maintain registration and insurance.
Each unique VIN reveals the car’s unique features, specifications, and manufacturer. VINs can also be used to reveal the overall history of an automobile which includes totaled titles, accidents, and mechanical issues. This is especially useful for car buyers who are considering purchasing a pre-owned model.
VINCheckPro is an online tool that allows you to run a VIN check on a vehicle up for sale! Simply key in the Vehicle Identification Number on the search bar and click on ‘Check this VIN’ to generate a safe, detailed, and accurate report on that car.
- Free for use. VINCheckPro does not only provide accurate and detailed reports but is also completely free! Use this tool to see if the car you’re looking to purchase may have issues your dealer isn’t warning you about.
- Ensures safer and smarter purchases. Are you purchasing a stolen car but are not aware of it? Is your car hiding any hidden defects that your dealer isn’t willing to share you with? What about its previous prices? Could you be spending more than what is offered? Get all these questions answered by using the VINCheckPro to ensure a safer and smarter purchase.
- Provides accurate history reports. Reports generated by VINCheckPro include some of the following information:
- Accident history;
- Theft history;
- Salvaged or totaled titled history;
- and many more…
4. Provides tips on how to decode VINs. VINCheckPro offers tips on how to decode VINs, what to expect when buying from a private seller, and how to dissect a vehicle history report.
5. Easy and safe to use. Simply enter the VIN code in the search bar and wait for the site to generate your report for you.
- Has limitations. VINCheckPro does not provide complete information on every vehicle and reports. This includes complete information regarding the owner’s name or any other personal information to comply with federal privacy laws.
Should you get it?
Purchasing a pre-owned car comes with several risks which are why doing research is very important. While VINCheckPro does not provide complete reports regarding names of previous owners, it is still worth knowing whether or not you can uncover any hidden damages the car may have. Plus it’s free!